Manitoba Health Certified Food Handler Training Program
MTEC is now an authorized contractor to deliver Manitoba Health’s approved Food Handler’s Certification Program and administer the provincial exam.
- This course is recommended for all owners, managers and supervisors of food service establishments and food service personnel who are responsible for the receiving, preparing and serving of food.
- Food Service Establishments with 5 food handlers are required to have at least 1 staff member who has successfully completed the Food Handler Certification.
- Food Service Establishments with more than 5 food handlers working at any one time must have a person who has successfully completed the Food Handler Certification on duty at all times.
- The Causes of Foodborne Illness
- Microbes & Foodborne Illness
- Food Safety Plans & HACCP
- Food Handler Health & Hygiene
- Receiving & Storing Food Safely
- Preparing Food Safely
- Serving Food Safely
- Cleaning, Sanitizing & Pest Control
- Premises Requirements
Coffee is provided, please feel free to bring a lunch. Government Issued Photo ID is required and must be presented on the day of training.
Exams are available in French, Arabic, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Farsi, German, Greek, Japanese, Korean, Punjabi, Spanish, Tagalog, Ukrainian and Vietnamese (minimum 1 week notice required for exam in different language).
TRAINING DATES & TIMES
|Monday, March 27, 2017||9:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Tuesday, April 18, 2017||9:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Saturday, April 29, 2017||9:00 am - 4:00 pm|
Full Day Course, Exam & Certificate - $85.00+GST
*Challenge Exam & Certificate - $55.00+GST
For more information or to register, please contact 204-957-7437 or email email@example.com.
*For Challenge Exams we ask participants to arrive by 2:00 pm ready to write.
*PLEASE NOTE: We do require 3 business days notice of a cancellation in order to refund or reschedule.